- ThursdayAugust 31, 201712:00 am - 11:00 pm
- FridaySeptember 1, 201712:00 am - 11:00 pm
- SaturdaySeptember 2, 201712:00 am - 11:00 pm
- SundaySeptember 3, 201712:00 am - 11:00 pm
Event Phone: 207-725-6009
Thomas Point Beach is proud to announce the continuation of the Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival in 2017!
This festival is important, not only to us, but so many people in the bluegrass community. It’s only natural that we continue. Where else would we be, or what else would we be doing on Labor Day weekend?
The Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival is a 4-Day event, starting August 31 through September 3, 2017, and will feature world-renowned acts such as Earls of Leicester, Dailey and Vincent, the Gibson Brothers, and Del McCoury. As well as fresh appearances by the Grascals, Mile 12, and the Lonely Heartstring Band. With more bands to follow. The crowd-pleasing Tennessee Mafia Jug Band will again take the late-night stage.
Initially established in 1979 by the late Pati Crooker, the Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival is a world-renowned winner of the 2008 IBMA Event of the Year award, and a Labor Day favorite for scores of bluegrass fans.
Following the passing of festival founder Pati Crooker in June of 2016, her son and daughter-in-law, Michael and Jennifer Mulligan, with the help of long-time festival alum Shari Rapoza Elder, look forward to carrying on the tradition of a Bluegrass Festival for family and friends alike. They are supported by industry experts, family members, and festival friends.
This is as much a family reunion as it is a festival, it is a part of us, and we are incredibly lucky to have a strong network of support to help us continue my mother’s legacy in a big way. I think she would be proud.
Additional programming will include a Thursday Showcase Band Competition, potluck, and contra-dance, as well as children’s activities and musician’s workshops throughout the weekend.
For additional information, visit:
- Children under 12 are FREE.
- Teen Tickets (ages 13-16 at the time of the event) pay half the adult rate.
- Tickets will be available online until August 28th.
- 1-Day Tickets are available at the gate only.
- All pets, of any size, require a Festival Friend ticket.
- There are no refunds.
- Camping “In The Rough” is included with all multi-day tickets.
- Electric Sites are available for an additional $80 for the week and must be reserved ahead of time and requires booking from Sunday, August 27th through Monday, September 4th, and does not include the 4 nights of Early Bird Camping.
- Early-Bird Camping is $25 per night, per camping unit (Tent or RV), from Sunday, August 27th through Wednesday, August 30th.
- Early-Bird Camping and Electric Reservation can be made through our on-line reservation form, over the phone, or Early Bird Camping (only) can be purchased at the Gate at check-in.
- Tickets can be purchased online and paid either via Check or PayPal/Credit (select at checkout).
- Tickets will remain open until the week before the festival begins.
- Teen tickets require the purchase of an Adult ticket of equal or greater duration.
Venue Phone: 207-725-6009
Venue Website: http://www.thomaspointbeach.comAddress:
Family owned and operated since 1958, Thomas Point Beach is an 85 acre park and campground located in Brunswick, Maine. Just off Route 1, Thomas Point offers a safe and friendly atmosphere, well-suited for weekend getaways as well as outings of all sizes, from small family gatherings to large corporate events. Situated on tidal Thomas Bay, Thomas Point provides opportunities for swimming and boating, as well as outdoor recreation, including volleyball, horseshoes, a clean playground, and a 9-hole Disc Golf Course. With over 100 campsites, featuring electric, water fill and dump-stations, Thomas Point accommodates travelers from all corners of the world, including cross-country bicyclists, weekend tenters and short and long-term RVers. Amenities include hot showers, laundry, on-site firewood and ice, pleasant recreation hall with board-games, lending library, TV and pool tables, as well as wifi. With so much to offer, Thomas Point Beach and Campground is truly a destination for all ages.