- Early Bird CampingAugust 26, 2018 - August 29, 201812:00 pm - 11:55 pm
- ThurdsayAugust 30, 201812:00 am - 11:55 pm
- FridayAugust 31, 201812:00 am - 11:55 pm
- SaturdaySeptember 1, 201812:00 am - 11:55 pm
- SundaySeptember 2, 201812:00 am - 11:55 pm
Event Phone: 207-725-6009
After a successful 2017 Bluegrass Festival, we are proud to announce the 2018 Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival!
We gave it a shot, we took a gamble, and it was the best decision we feel we could have made.
The Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival is a 4-Day event, starting August 30th through September 2nd, 2018.
Known for featuring world-renowned acts through the decades, Thomas Point Beach is pleased to welcome the Gibson Brothers, Balsam Range, Hot Rize, Sierra Hull and David Davis and the Warrior River Boys, to the 2018 Main Stage. As well as Sister Sadie, the Po Ramblin’ Boys, Mile Twelve, the Feinberg Brothers, with more exciting announcements coming soon!
We are also pleased to continue to host the crowd-pleasing Tennessee Mafia Jug Band, and welcome Showcase Competition Alumni Twisted Pine (2014) and The Bluegrass Unit (2017) back for their victory laps!
Initially established in 1979 by the late Pati Crooker, the Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival is a world-renowned winner of the 2008 IBMA Event of the Year award, and a Labor Day Weekend favorite for scores of Bluegrass fans.
Following the passing of festival founder Pati Crooker in June of 2016, her son and daughter-in-law, Michael and Jennifer Mulligan, with the help of long-time festival alum Shari Rapoza Elder, have taken the reigns. After a successful 2017 Festival, they are proud to be continuing the legacy.
This is as much a family reunion as it is a festival, it is a part of us, and we are incredibly lucky to have a strong network of support to help us continue my mother’s legacy in a big way. I think she would be proud.
Additional programming will include a Thursday Showcase Band Competition, as well as children’s activities and musician’s workshops throughout the weekend.
If you are interested in booking an Electric Site, you can do so below (yay!). Please indicate a requested Electric Zone in your reservation.
For additional information, visit:
Or on our NEW Facebook Page!
- Children under 12 are FREE.
- Teen Tickets (ages 13-16 at the time of the event) pay half the adult rate.
- Tickets will be available online until August 24th.
- 1-Day Tickets are available at the gate only.
- All pets, of any size, require a Festival Friend ticket.
- There are no refunds.
- Camping “In The Rough” is included with all multi-day tickets.
- Electric Sites are available for an additional $80 for the week and must be reserved ahead of time and requires booking from Sunday, August 26th through Monday, September 3rd, and does not include the 4 nights of Early Bird Camping.
- Early-Bird Camping is $25 per night, per camping unit (Tent or RV), from Sunday, August 27th through Wednesday, August 30th.
- Early-Bird Camping and Electric Reservation can be made online, over the phone, or Early Bird Camping (only) can be purchased at the Gate at check-in.
- Tickets can be purchased online and paid either via Check or PayPal/Credit Card (select “PayPal” at checkout and checkout as Guest, no account needed).
- Tickets will remain open until the week before the festival begins.
- Teen tickets require the purchase of an Adult ticket of equal or greater duration.
- Tickets are non-refundable.